On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 17:17:41 +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:

> > > You are not allowed to "report" other opinions if they are known to
> > > be be wrong.
> >
> > Of course you are, as long as you are reporting that the person holds
> > the opinion without endorsing it, you may even be doing it to show how
> > ill-informed that person is. You have done exactly that on this list,
> > posted what Bloch et al believe to be true before stating that it is
> > not true.
>
> Nice to see that we have the same opinion here.
>
> The problem with the quote in question was that is has been done
> uncommented.

That's right, Alan made no comment as to the correctness or otherwise of
the opinion. He only stated that this opinion was held and that was the
reason for the use of cdrkit, both statements are factually correct.

You'd get more support and respect if you took a less antagonistic
approach to the email you receive, instead of perceiving attacks from
those who are actually trying to support you.

--
Neil Bothwick

... "I just forgot to increment the counter," Tom said, nonplussed.