Sebastian Günther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> * Joerg Schilling ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [07.07.08 13:14]:
> > Daniel Iliev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I know I should not feed trolls but....
> >
> > > Here is a fact for you: Every mainstream binary distro dropped cdrtools.
> > > It is their right to choose which packets they want to distribute and
> > > they don't owe you an explanation.
> >
> > Solaris (the only distribution where lawyers checked the license) happily
> > distributes the original cdrtools.
> >

> No wonder: OpenSolaris is mainly under CDDL. *There* you have anything
> needed zu circumvent the licence issue.

Please finally stop your FUD!

The CDDL definitely is a free license and Sun will definitely not publish
any packages that could create problems.

This is why Sun e.g. stopped publishing "libcdio" a year ago in order to avoid
a license violation from this lib.

Sun cares about publishing only 100% legal software. Linux distributors did not
even stop publishing "libcdio".

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)