On Wednesday 27 August 2008 21:49:22 Benoit St-Pierre, you wrote :
> I though you can have up to 255 partitions/drive. The partitions would be
> in a RAID array so I wouldn't have to deal with them directly anyway.

After little googling, it seems that the number of logical partitions may be
unlimited as it is organized like chained lists, each logical partitions
indicating the size of the following... but under linux, the number of
partitions for an IDE drive is limited to 63 while for SCSI one it's 15. Maybe
these limits were over, but i don't know enough about linux disk management to
say anything more...