Dirk Heinrichs schrieb am 08.11.2008 11:48:
> Am Samstag, 8. November 2008 05:48:24 schrieb Michael P. Soulier:
>
>> I built gqview and feh without the jpg USE flag in make.conf, and now
>> they refuse to display jpg images. I've added jpg to make.conf, and
>> ran
>>
>> emerge -vu --newuse world
>>
>> but gqview and feh aren't on the list of what's being rebuilt, and
>> when it's done I still have no jpg support in those programs.
>
> Just try to re-emerge those packages and see if they can show jpeg images
> afterwards. If yes, please file a bug on http://bugs.gentoo.org, so that the
> jpeg USE flag will be added to future versions of the packages.

At least for gqview there will be no jpg use flag. What do you think how
use flags work? Simply adding an use flag to an Ebuild will do nothing.
A use flag normally enables an option at configuration time. But there
is no such option for gqview. At least not until now. Even the
development version has only one configure option that counts and this is

--without-lcms          build without lcms support

So there are two possibilities. First there is no need for a jpg useflag
as it will work out of the box. Second the jpg support or needed
libraries if they are indeed needed are detected automagically which is
bad and a bug should be filed. But from a quick glance into the relevant
files I did not recognize such things.

So I guess rebuilding the affected packages and trying again is the best
option.

Regards,

Daniel