081126 W.Kenworthy wrote:
>> A) reiserfs is a good filesystem,
>> but the battle between Hans Reiser and Linux developers
>> caused people to dislike reiserfs for non-technical reasons.
> A is the answer.  Hans Reiser is by all accounts a brilliant,
> eccentric but deeply flawed individual.  He did not get on
> at a personal or professional level with the world in general.
> It almost seems like ext3/4 were developed to spite him
> and give alternatives so they would not have to deal with him.
> Unprofessional words and actions were taken on both sides,
> but the animosity caused by Hans and others in response means
> this will take forever to blow over, even with Hans out of the picture.

Yes, very much my own take on the story.
I used Reiserfs in the computers I built in 2003 & 2007
& have never had any problems with either installation.

My  CAD 0,02 .

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca