Alan McKinnon wrote:
On Thursday 05 February 2009 09:28:50 Jesús Guerrero wrote:
There are enough easy-to-use distros. Let us, "masochists", live in
peace. We love pain, why do people care so much about what we do
with our privacy? :P [it's a joke, in case anyone didn't notice]

There have been several attempts to make a decent installer. They
all failed miserably and got abandoned. Why? Because to tell the
truth, no one has an authentic interest in the matter. The simple
answer is most probably the right one.

To add to you (excellent) arguments:

There is no GUI admin tool for gentoo. You drive this puppy on the command line with tools like emerge, equery, genlop, layman and q. That's how it works, we are all comfortable with this, and this is good.

We are all comfortable with this because the people who are not comfortable left.

I can't think of a single reason why the installer should operate in a different manner to the way the thing will be used.

Because installation is boring.  The easier it is, the better.