On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 11:11:07 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> If Grandma can easily use Google to find new shortcake recipes (an
> entirely reasonable thing for Grandma to do in this day and age), then
> it is not unreasonable for savvy users to have a look at the man page
> and say
>
> "Oh look, this is a technical doc. Let me ask Google where better docs
> are"

There are two drawbacks to this. First you need Internet access, not so
good if you need help with ifconfig or route, or you are using your laptop
on a train.

Secondly, the Internet is full of useful advice, and some of it is even
accurate. Only documentation supplied with the package can be assumed to
be correct and up to date.

--
Neil Bothwick

When you said you wanted to live in sin, I didn't know you meant "sloth"