Dale a écrit :
laurent wrote:
Hi,

I need to clean disfiles or move it to /home/var/ftp/disfiles.

For first is there a tool to emerge that will manage the distfiles.

If not I was thinking copy to my home folder and symlink
/var/ftp/distfiles to it.

Is the second safe with just a symlink or should I change a PATH
somewhere?

I should do both solution.

thank you
Laurent

If you need to clean out unneeded tarballs in distfiles, you can use
eclean.  It's part of gentoolkit.  eclean-dist is the command you are
looking for.  eclean-dist -h for more info.

If you want to move the distfiles directory, you can change the path in
make.conf and tell it where the new location is.  You will have to copy
the files from the old location to the new location tho.

Hope that helps.

Dale

:-) :-)

Yes it help, got 50 M clean with eclean.

I looked in make.conf but did not see any 'DISTFILES_PATH'. What should I add?
my make.conf:

# These settings were set by the catalyst build script that automatically built$
# Please consult /etc/make.conf.example for a more detailed example
CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -march=k8"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://mirror.ovh.net/gentoo-distfiles/ ftp://mirror.ovh.net/ge$ USE="-X mmx multilib netboot sse sse2 -gtk -sdl apache2 mysql pam ssl sasl xml $
FEATURES="-sandbox collision-protect ccache parallel-fetch"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage"

source /home/portage/local/layman/make.conf
PORTAGE_TMPDIR=/home/portage

Thanks ;)
Laurent