On Tuesday 24 March 2009 23:37:50 laurent wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to clean disfiles or move it to /home/var/ftp/disfiles.
>
> For first is there a tool to emerge that will manage the distfiles.

eclean - part of app-portage/gentoolkit

> If not I was thinking copy to my home folder and symlink
> /var/ftp/distfiles to it.
>
> Is the second safe with just a symlink or should I change a PATH somewhere?

Change DISTDIR in /etc/make.conf to point to the new location

But this is not a good idea, as distfiles will be owned by root or portage and
it's in your home directory owned by you.

Rather leave distfiles where it is, and create a symlink in ~ that points to
distfiles. I can't imagine how your scheme would benefit you in any way.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com