On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 13:00:15 +0100, laurent wrote:

> yes it's exactly that, I did not choose the install partitionning. So I
> moved portage, www and now disfiles from /var to /home/var.
> For the other ones I did add a symlink also. Should I do that for
> disfiles? What do you mean by permissions issues ??

So you're putting it on the /home partition but not in your home
directory? In that case, permissions are not a problem as the directory
will only be used by portage, just set DISTDIR="/home/distfiles" in
make.conf, no need to mess around with symlinks.

--
Neil Bothwick

Sex is hereditary. If your parents never had it, chances are you wont
either. -