Alan McKinnon a écrit :
On Tuesday 24 March 2009 23:37:50 laurent wrote:
Hi,

I need to clean disfiles or move it to /home/var/ftp/disfiles.

For first is there a tool to emerge that will manage the distfiles.

eclean - part of app-portage/gentoolkit

If not I was thinking copy to my home folder and symlink
/var/ftp/distfiles to it.

Is the second safe with just a symlink or should I change a PATH somewhere?

Change DISTDIR in /etc/make.conf to point to the new location

But this is not a good idea, as distfiles will be owned by root or portage and it's in your home directory owned by you.

drwxr-xr-x 14 root root  4096 mar 24 20:19 home

looks owned by root.
Rather leave distfiles where it is, and create a symlink in ~ that points to distfiles. I can't imagine how your scheme would benefit you in any way.

I should do both solution.

thank you
Laurent