> >> For me,
> >> libdri.so is a symlink to
> /usr/lib64/opengl/ati/extensions/libdri.so
> >> libglx.so is a symlink to
> /usr/lib64/opengl/ati/extensions/libglx.so (since you havent
> run the eselect to repoint it yet, it will be set to
> /usr/lib64/opengl/xorg-x11/extensions/libglx.so).
> >>

> Can you tell me what package owns those files?  I'm not having any
> luck looking them up on my system.

Sorry Kevin, I wasn't paying attention and thought you were using
ati-drivers/flgrx package, which is where /usr/lib64/opengl/ati comes from.
Since you're not using flgrx I would expect you would use
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libdri.so and
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libdri.so.

Do those files exist?