090613 Philip Webb wrote:
> It looks as if the problem here is that if 'kdeinit' is started
> without an existing desktop to relate to, some connection is not made.

I've investigated further & can't find which file Krusader uses
to remember its file associations.  However, I did find the changelog
for 'kdelibs-3.5.10-r2', which says "move kdeglobals to kdelibs
for non-KDE users using KDE apps", which looks like the crucial change.
Even so, there's nothing relevant in  ~/.kde3.5/share/config/kdeglobals .

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca