I also had a problem with the KDE menu missing after the upgrade to 3.5.10
I've investigated starting from the message form kbuildsycoca and found a
solution to get the KDE menu to be build. I found that in ~/.config/menus/
nothing was there as expected by kbuildsyscoca
So I did:

Copy /usr/kde/3.5/etc/xdg/menus/ content to ~/.config/menus/
Run from a terminal : kbuildsycoca --noincremental

I'm not sure it's the real problem but at least it fixed the problem even
after a reboot.