On 6/21/09, Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 15:16:49 -0600, Maxim Wexler wrote:
>
>> mount: /dev/vg/tmp already mounted on /tmp
>> mount: tmpfs already mounted on /tmp
>
> It's nothing to do with your problem, but why are you mounting two
> filesystems on /tmp?

fstab:
shm  /dev/shm   tmpfs  nodev,nosuid,noexec 0 0
tmpfs  /tmp   tmpfs   nodev,nosuid,noexec 0 0 #suggested in a forum,
seems harmless enough

>>   Couldn't find device with uuid 'ldwVeS-gwl4-HE4Z-M3Gw-DILI-Dbjh-2lHroF'.
>
> Can you confirm this is the SD card?

According to pvdisplay it is.

> I still think there may be a delay in the kernel seeing the SD card, this
> used to happen with my Eee. Have you tried adding a sleep command to the
> relevant part of init.d/bootmisc?

Not yet. What is the 'relevant' part? Is this the same thing as adding
a delay to the kernel line in grub?

> How large is the SSD in your Eee? Is it really necessary to have a volume
> group spanning the SSD and SD card, two very different devices?

Asus SSD, 4G  SD card 8G

Necessary? Don't know but is meant to spare the SSD too much r/w strain.

mw