Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> On Freitag 25 September 2009, Dale wrote:
>

>> I saw where the drive hours was displayed a long time ago.  I thought it
>> was hdparm that displayed that but I can't find it in the man page and
>> -I doesn't seem to show that.  Can someone tell me if there is a way to
>> get how many hours a drive has been running?  I know I saw this before
>> but no clue where it was.
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> :-)  :-)
>>

> smartctl -a

That's the one.  This look right?

r...@smoker / # smartctl -a /dev/hda | grep Minutes
  9 Power_On_Minutes        0x0032   136   136   000    Old_age
Always       -       297h+43m
r...@smoker / #

r...@smoker / # smartctl -a /dev/hdb | grep Hours
  9 Power_On_Hours          0x0032   040   040   000    Old_age
Always       -       44353
r...@smoker / #

I know that first drive is older than that.  I'm not sure about the
other one either.  That's a lot of hours.

Dale

:-)   :-)