Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 08:39:58 -0600, Dale wrote:

No, it was the decision Red Hat made before they sold distros with X
year support contracts, to provide a guaranteed level of support to
their customers. Someone mentioned that 62% of KDE devs are unpaid,
who do you think pays the other 38%.
So they did make the decision to continue support for KDE 3. OK. So what? I wish them the best of luck. KDE still stopped the support. Anything else you say will not change that fact. Again, Redhat is only picking it up because KDE isn't doing it. That's what you just said.

It's not what I said. Red Hat commit to support all software they supply,
irrespective of upstream decisions. It is reasonable to assume that the
distros that employ and pay KDE developers are happy with the way things
are going, otherwise they would discontinue their support.

Can you accept the fact that KDE dropped support for KDE 3? Why is this so hard for you to accept? That is all that I said and this is enough. KDE DROPPED SUPPORT. End of story. I don't' care what Redhat or any other distro did. KDE dropped the ball. Paid or not, they dropped support for KDE 3.

Jeez!

Dale

:-)  :-)