On 10 Jan 2010, at 21:28, Stroller wrote:
On 10 Jan 2010, at 18:09, Valmor de Almeida wrote:
... I am doing this from within systemrescuecd using firefox and gmail. Don't know how to make it plain ascii otherwise. Hopefully just eliminating the html links will work. Stroller, is this what you are referring to?

... If Gmail imposes this html upon you then I suggest you use IMAP to access your gmail account. You're using Gentoo, so there are plenty of clients which enable you to do this: mutt, pine, Thunderbird, Kmail, ... any of them can post in plain text.

I just reread the above ("from within systemrescuecd"), which implies you may be stuck without another working system.

Google says "If you decide you'd like to write a message in plain text format, just click << Plain text along the top of the compose window." <http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8260>

If you're stuck without another working system and this doesn't work then let me know & I'll make the extra effort, with apologies (and with sympathies for your difficult working conditions - I am sorry if I have exacerbated them).

Stroller.