The idea that "ethical merit" can be diagnosed before we know much
about how it works, and how well, is...useless. I find it curious that
the ethicists want to jump on a subject when it's still barely begun.
Reminds me of a decade ago for SRM, about which we still know little,
because we don;t do experiments.

Gregory Benford