Albert et. al.,

The degree of negative generalization which Dr. Shiva applies to GE and its
supporters is troubling. Attacking the supporters, as opposed to the
science, is simply unprofessional and highly counter productive. Such
rantings would not be tolerated coming from a freshman in school. She
devalues her training and maturity through such acts.

It would be interesting to get her views on the use of large scale offshore
mariculture operations as both a means for climate change mitigation and
meeting the accelerating need for commodities like food, biofuel, organic
fertilizer and fresh water. A deep water version of the NASA
OMEGA<http://blog.marinexplore.com/nasa-omega-project-the-ocean-as-a-platform-for-biofuel/>
 Project,
which uses nutricline water as the nutrient input, has significant
potential to address many concerns in this field, as well as, the global
need for jobs, taxes and living space.

Yet, to be offhandedly condemned as an evil empire sociopathic plot to rule
the world, by the highly vocal yet scientifically challenged, would be
simply childish and distracting. We need long term solution, not school
yard ad hominem attacks. She needs to focus on the prior.

Best,

Michael