Greg,

Thanks for this addition. My carbon cycle model has a convolution model
for the ocean. This does have a long tail, but it is not as large as in the papers you cite. So, if these studies are correct, and I do believe they are, then my results are indeed optimistic.

The main point is that we cannot get back to 350 ppm by mitigation alone. There are still many who think we can, and my simple sums were
presented as a reality check for those people. As your papers and the
others you cite, and papers cited in these, show, this is not new news.

Tom.