Hi

The proposal for olivine weathering on beaches seems to pass a common sense
test.

However, there's been a lack of detailed discussion about the occurrence
and function of natural olivine beaches, as far as I'm aware.

There are a lot of beaches in the world. Olivine is pretty common. How much
of a sink is natural beach chemical and mechanical weathering of olivine?

It should be easy to find at least one location where there's massive
quantities of olivine sand, and take detailed measurements on the carbon
sink.

I know there's at least one such beach in the literature, but I can't
recall discussions of others, nor detailed quantitative research on erosion
and sequestration rates at this site

Can someone enlighten me as to why this has seemingly been overlooked for
detailed study?