Greg, list et al:

        1.  I agree with your concerns and guidance.  Thanks.

        2.  Yesterday a White House document was released that implies our US
Federal Agencies will be looking hard at CCS (among other things).  Maybe a
concerted effort by some on this list could broaden the assignments handed out
to a range of agencies to include CDR (as is being done throughout the EU).  I
see many places that biochar could qualify.  See:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/ceq/Press_Releases/October_8_2014
http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/enhancing_climate_resilience_of_americas_natural_resources.pdf

        3.  This new effort is being led by CEQ.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/ceq/blog

Ron