Ken,

Can I comment here please. Without negating any of your comments, I would like to add that Marine Cloud Brightening (MCB) is very effective at cooling the polar regimes. The atmospheric heat engine's purpose is to transfer heat from the equator to the pole. Cooling the tropical / subtropical regimes by reflecting solar radiation there will very effectively cool the poles. Of course reflecting solar radiation in polar regions will cool those regions, but in the winter the subtropical albedo increase will be very effective.

Cheers
Alan

p.s. Ben Parkes and many others hope to get a paper out on this soon.