Alan Robock wrote: "Certainly if we stop burning fossil fuels, global
warming will not stop immediately, but it will stop soon. “

As a layperson, my understanding is that even if fossil fuels burning stops
tomorrow, warming and acidification will continue for decades rather than
years. This is because of 2 centuries of greenhouse gas build-up (and
greenhouse contributions from agriculture).

Would some kind soul tell me that I’m wrong here?

Thanks!