On Saturday, 9 April 2022 7:10:55 PM AEST Mats Elfström wrote:
> But I would like to propose an even bolder approach. To me, CSW, Metadata
> and ISO-INSPIRE are parts of a whole and would perhaps be easier to
> install, configure and maintain if combined into a single extension?

I accept that INSPIRE is really important to some users (and uses). However
not all of the world is Europe, so that may not be appropriate in general.

> If I
> may be so bold? And even further, made part of Geoserver core.

I would not like to have anything added to core unless there are solid, long
term support plans for it. That is, who is going to do the development,
maintenance and validation?

This is not intended as a statement against (or for) migrating those to
extension status.

Brad