Hello Mats,

That is because geoserver by default doesn't have any metadata fields for storing dates of creation and modification.

This is where the metadata module comes in handy. There you can add unlimited amount of date fields to your layer and configure them with UI. It also provides support for timestamping the metadata changes automatically. The documentation for metadata module is here: https://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/community/metadata/index.html

This might also be very useful to you: https://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/tutorials/metadata/index.html We put all our configuration files on there to share, so people can immediately find examples that work.

Kind Regards

Niels