Sending again my reply to the list, after reducing the mail size (removing
quoted stack trace).

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Daniele Romagnoli <daniele.romagn...@geo-solutions.it>
Date: Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Subject: Re: [Geoserver-users] ECW, NITF, JP2
To: "Gutfreund, Yechezkal" <ygutfre...@draper.com>,
geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM, Gutfreund, Yechezkal
<ygutfre...@draper.com>wrote:

> Hi Danielle.****
>
> ** **
>
> I follow the mailing group in nabble, so I was not getting updates about
> your questions, so I did not know how to reply. I have posted my replies
> there now.****
>
> ** **
>
> I also posted this reply to your questions:****
>
> ** **
>
> Danielle asked me a few more questions, which I am posting here, and my
> replies:****
>
> ** **
>
> I have another question:****
>
> Are you running it into a tomcat > 6.0.2x?****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> If it doesn't solve your issue, please let us know.****
>
> ** **
>
> That said, if you want to serve the JP2 image which doesn't internally
> have the georeferencing information, you should also probably consider to
> put a world file and a prj beside that jp2.****
>
> ** **
>
> ------------****
>
> ** **
>
> I am running:  GlassFish Server 3.1.1 not tomcat or apache, and Glassfish
> is fine for the work we do (and has a fine http server also).

I have no experience with GlassFish. Hoping someone else in the list have
more experience with it and can come back with some more feedbacks.

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> I have georeferencing data in both TFW and WKT format files <file>.tfw) ,
> but I don't see how to provide it when I add a coverage STORE.

Supposing your file is blue-world.jp2, you can copy your .tfw as a
blue-world.j2w and your wkt file as blue-world.prj (or copy the definition
provided at
http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/4326/ogcwkt/ into the blue-world.prj).

Then, put these 2 files beside your jp2 file.
That said, when configuring the jp2 store, in case there is not
georeferencing embedded within the file, the reader will look for auxiliary
information on world file and projection file.

 **

> ** **
>
> TFW****
>
> ---****
>
> 0.004166666667****
>
> 0.000000000000****
>
> 0.000000000000****
>
> -0.004166666667****
>
> -179.997916666667****
>
> ** **
>
> WKT****
>
> ----****
>
> GEOGCS["WGS 84",DATUM["wgs_1984",SPHEROID["WGS
> 1984",6378137,298.257223563],TOWGS84[0,0,0,0,0,0,0],AUTHORITY["EPSG","6326"]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],UNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433],AUTHORITY["EPSG","4326"]]
> ****
>
> 89.997916666667

I have noticed that this TFW reports a different bounding box with respect
to the one reported by gdalinfo on your NITF.
Make sure that the georeferencing you will use is compliant with the data.
Is your data split into some quadrants?

Regards,
Daniele

Ing. Daniele Romagnoli