Hi,
please. read below...

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 7:30 PM, DrYSG <ygutfre...@draper.com> wrote:

> Thanks Danielle,
>
> The first solution in
>
> http://geo-solutions.blogspot.com/2010/05/fix-geotools-and-geoserver-not-able-to.html
>
> is not relevant for Glassfish.
>
> When I tried the second:
> /You can move all the JAI and ImageIO jars from GeoServer WEB-INF/lib
> directory to Tomcat's shared/lib folder in order to share them between all
> the web context in tomcat. This will not leave any memory leak around but
> in
> case you have other applications deployed inside the same Tomcat instance
> which contains JAI or ImageIO libraries, you need to remove them as well or
> you might get class-loading conflicts./
>
> And then I restarted the Glassfish application service, the entire
> GeoServer
> application was dead, I could not go to the the site:
> http://localhost:8080/geoserver/web/ however, other applications hosted by
> Glassfish worked.
>
> I was about to make a plea to you to bundle this support (GDAL, ImageIO,
> etc.) and support more data types out of the box. I can only see this as a
> selling point for how many formats you support, and the configuration and
> version issues are a real bear. (I can't believe anyone wants to run WMS on
> a tiny box that does not have the disk footprint to handle a GDAL install).
>

> Are you  telling me that the nightly builds at:
> http://gridlock.opengeo.org/geoserver/2.1.x/ have all the GDAL and ImageIO
> stuff built in? specifically, if I replace my WAR file with:
>
> geoserver-2.1.x-latest-war.zip
>
> then I should be able to go and not have to do any path configurations,
> GDAL
> installs, adding Jars for Image IO, etc. as listed on this page:
> http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/data/gdal.html

Nope.I was saying a different thing:
- the error you shown us seems due to some mechanism which deregisters the
ImageIO plugins on glassfish (Similarly to what happen with Tomcat >
6.0.2x: then you see "incorrect input type" on the logged exceptions)
- some weeks ago, Justin has added a line of code to the Geoserver
Initialization stuff which forces a scan for the available ImageIO plugins.
This solved the issues with Tomcat and probably it could also solve the
glassfish issues. It's a simple change which didn't changed anything about
the GDAL/ImageIO extensions/libraries deployment, therefore you still need
to have the native libs and extensions properly installed and configured as
before.
Please, let us know if trying with the latest 2.1.x solves your issue.

Regards,
Daniele

Ing. Daniele Romagnoli
GeoSolutions S.A.S.