One idea i had while implementing stored queries for wfs 2.0. Just like
rendering transformations in sld are the bridge between wms and wps,
storied queries could the bridge between wfs and wps. I think they line up
pretty well...stored queries essentially give you a way to call a known
procedure plugging in parameter values. Anyways, just a thought, surely
something that would have to be fleshed out and unfortunately would only
work for wfs 2.0.

Justin Deoliveira
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org