Von: Rahkonen Jukka [mailto:jukka.rahko...@mmmtike.fi]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2012 09:39
An: Biskup, Paul; 'geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net'
Betreff: VS: [Geoserver-users] GeoServer pregeneralized features extension with
OpenLayers

Hi,

I have not played yet with Geoserver SQL View layers and I do not know how
flexible it is, but perhaps it could be made to select geometries through
ST_Simplify http://www.postgis.org/docs/ST_Simplify.html

Geoserver SQL view could contain SELECT ST_Simplify(geometry, %tolerance%) AS
geometry and if users could send %tolerance% as a variable then the result
should be close to what you want.

-Jukka Rahkonen-