I have installed the correct files from ArcSDE java SDK and the problem
still persists.

When I used procmon on the server side, I noticed that gsrvrsql100.dll is
being loaded correctly.  When I drilled down on the load event for this
dll, I noticed that the following dlls from ESRI are also getting loaded
successfully :  sg.dll, pe.dll, sde.dll and sdejavautil.dll. My
understanding is that this dll loads up, something bad happens and it exits
with error.  Please see the error log below.

I would also like to alert you that I'm able to add a store using ArcSDE
Service.

2012-09-21 11:11:25,829 WARN [data.store] - Error obtaining new data store
org.geotools.arcsde.ArcSdeException: Can't create connection to giskinsde
for Session #1[SDE error -324][Error desc=SERVER LIBRARY FOR DIRECT CONNECT
COULD NOT BE LOADED. ][Extended desc=
]
    at
org.geotools.arcsde.session.Session$CreateSeConnectionCommand.execute(Session.java:621)
    at
org.geotools.arcsde.session.Session$CreateSeConnectionCommand.execute(Session.java:575)
    at org.geotools.arcsde.session.Session.issue(Session.java:180)
    at org.geotools.arcsde.session.Session.<init>(Session.java:166)
    at
org.geotools.arcsde.session.SessionPool$SeConnectionFactory.makeObject(SessionPool.java:384)
    at
org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:1148)
    at org.geotools.arcsde.session.SessionPool.<init>(SessionPool.java:155)
    at
org.geotools.arcsde.session.SessionPoolFactory.createPool(SessionPoolFactory.java:68)
    at
org.geotools.arcsde.ArcSDEDataStoreFactory.createDataStore(ArcSDEDataStoreFactory.java:267)
    at
org.geotools.arcsde.ArcSDEDataStoreFactory.createDataStore(ArcSDEDataStoreFactory.java:258)
    at
org.geotools.arcsde.ArcSDEDataStoreFactory.createDataStore(ArcSDEDataStoreFactory.java:73)
    at
org.vfny.geoserver.util.DataStoreUtils.getDataAccess(DataStoreUtils.java:107)
    at
org.geoserver.catalog.ResourcePool.getDataStore(ResourcePool.java:345)
    at
org.geoserver.catalog.impl.DataStoreInfoImpl.getDataStore(DataStoreInfoImpl.java:37)
.[snip]...
Caused by: com.esri.sde.sdk.client.SeException:
    at com.esri.sde.sdk.client.SeConnection.x(Unknown Source)
    at com.esri.sde.sdk.client.SeConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at
org.geotools.arcsde.session.Session$CreateSeConnectionCommand.execute(Session.java:610)
    ... 101 more