Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 17:40:44 +0200
Subject: Re: [Geoserver-users] WMS request=getcapabilities takes a
loooooooooooooong time to return
From: andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it
To: t...@hotmail.com
CC: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 5:18 PM, o ... <t...@hotmail.com> wrote:

On GeoServer 2.2 RC3

I have a set of time-enabled WMS layers.

It looks like when a GetCapabilities is requested, geoserver goes out to the
database and queries each data layer for the time-span of the data so that it
can return the time "Extent" of the data. (It returns some thing like this in
the XML returned from the getcapabilities).

  <Extent name="time"
default="current">1984-02-14T00:01:08.000Z/2008-12-17T17:00:00.000Z/P24Y10M1W2DT12H58M52S</Extent>

Is there a way to set the extent in some meta-data file, so that the GeoServer
would just grab that rather than do a query against the database ?

Nope, that is fully dynamic today. You'd have to write code to support static
dimension extents.
CheersAndrea

--
==Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more
information.==

Ing. Andrea Aime @geowolfTechnical Lead
GeoSolutions S.A.S.Via Poggio alle Viti 118755054  Massarosa (LU)Italyphone:
+39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272mob: +39  339 8844549
http://www.geo-solutions.ithttp://twitter.com/geosolutions_it