Christy,

tl;dr: not an app-schema problem, please set your Global / Settings /
Proxy Base URL to:
http://data.usgin.org/azgs_bedrock_geology/

Long version:

This is not an app-schema problem. If you look at the source of the
OpenLayers JavaScript that is delivered to the client by GeoServer, you
will see a bunch of references starting with:
http://127.0.0.1:8080/azgs_bedrock_geology/

These links point to the client's loopback address and so the client
cannot load these resources. The cause of the problem is that your
GeoServer is behind an HTTP proxy (like apache) and does not know its
real address; although proxies can rewrite HTTP headers, they do not
typically rewrite the content of payloads. Setting your Global /
Settings / Proxy Base URL to be the externally visible base URL
http://data.usgin.org/azgs_bedrock_geology/ allows GeoServer to ensure
that the OpenLayers JavaScript includes links that are usable by a
remote client.

This should work since the fixing of this bug:
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOS-4930

Kind regards,
Ben.

--