Ben -

We got things to work by adjusting the Host header on the proxy server (nginx
in this case), but before doing that we were seeing 127.0.0.1 addresses in the
GetCapabilities and OpenLayers previews even though we had set the Geoserver
proxy base url. We're using 2.3, so I'm curious why we seemed to be having the
same issue that was solved at 2.1.x in that bug report you mentioned?

Just for the record, here's the nginx config snippet that we're using now (that
works). Previously we weren't setting the Host header:

# By default, traffic is sent to Tomcat
        location / {
                proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:8080;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $remote_addr;
        proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
}

Thanks!
Ryan

____________________

Ryan Clark
Arizona Geological Survey
ryan.cl...@azgs.az.gov<mailto:ryan.cl...@azgs.az.gov>
(520) 302-4871
facebook.com/ModernGeologist<https://www.facebook.com/ModernGeologist>
@worbly<https://twitter.com/worbly>

On Sep 5, 2013, at 9:50 AM, "christy@azgs"
<christy.caud...@azgs.az.gov<mailto:christy.caud...@azgs.az.gov>>
 wrote:

Okay, so you can see that the OnlineResource in the GetCapabilities still
references 127.0.0.1

http://data.usgin.org/azgs_bedrock_geology/gsmlp/wms?service=WMS&version=1.3.0&request=GetCapabilities

And attached is a screen shot that the Proxy has been set, but is being
ignored:
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5076290/Proxy.jpg>