Hi,

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 11:49 AM, Nachtigall, Jens (init)
<jens.nachtig...@init.de<mailto:jens.nachtig...@init.de>> wrote:
…and would it help to set the default meta tiling settings to 20x20 instead of
4x4 – or is this only relevant when GeoServer “asks” for tiles but not for
seeding?

Yes, I believe that would help, if you don't split the data, because we would
end up making less reads. But it would still be really inefficient compared to
a version
where the data has been split.

Increasing the meta tiling really helps a lot. Thanks! Can this be increased to
even more than 20x20? The GUI is limited to 20x20 maximum, but maybe by editing
some XML setttings files?

Unfortunately, splitting the polygons from the shapefile to a grid does not
really work with Quantum GIS. I tried the whole day, but splitting up the
outlines according to a grid does not work… (with polygons it’s ok).

I assume that having the shapefile by default in EPSG:900913 instead of
EPSG:3044 would help too, right? Then in each rendering step at least the
reprojection does not need to be done. Do you think that this would have a
bigger effect or will it be negligible?

Best,
Jens