I once again started the docker release with 2.24.0 (I guess just as Jody did two days ago), but for some reason the image has been published as 2.24.0 in the docker repo now. So the problem should be solved.

https://build.geoserver.org/job/geoserver-release-docker/471/

https://docker.osgeo.org/#browse/browse:geoserver-docker:v2%2Fgeoserver%2Ftags%2F2.24.0

Nils