I'm afraid I'm not a regular UDig user. (I don't even know if I still
have it installed on my computer.) So I'm probably not the best person
for this task.

I'm really the most interested in making low-level access available to
GPX files, although I do want to study how you made GPX entities
available as Features through the DataStore framework.

Still, if I can help in some way that doesn't require a great
knowledge of UDig or UDig source code, let me know.

Landon