Bolla, Péter wrote:
>> Here is an alternative; you can ask a JTS CoordinateSequence to hold
>> your own Coordinates that can include x,y,z and a time stamp. While
>> this is easier with ISO Geometry (where your CRS could literally be
>> x,y,time) you can certaintly fake it with JTS right now.
> Exactly that's what I did, but the other geotools modules and uDig
> didn't like it... :(
Do you have specifics? It sounds fine to me; you may uncover some bugs
along the way .. but the OracleDataStore does similar tricks when
working with x,y,z,m data (ie from LRS datasets). I think the other fun
bit of info would be a new GeoTools Function to "grab" the data out of
the geometry so it can be worked with as part of styling etc...

How about something like "ordinate"; it could also be used to extract
just the x and y ordinates.. consider the following CQL expressions:
- ordinate( the_geom, 3 ) --> List<Joda_Time>
- min( ordinate( the_geom, 3 ) ) ---> minimum timestamp
- max( ordinate( the_geom, 3 ) ) ---> maximum timestamp

Cheers,