List<Name> is the way to go; we need some control over attribute order in
the result (at least to be able to match XML schemas where such a thing has
been defined using a sequence. I actually wonder if this is an area where we
could simplify our model some - I am still waiting for an "unordered"
example to appear in the real world.
So we have three things on the table here:
1. Query needs to be extended to have List<Name> - that is cool lets do it
2. SimpleFeatureTypeBuilder is not suitable; Ben can feel free to start
making his own builder  ....
- or to just use the factory methods directly if that is easier for him to
start out
- I would like to put off defining a builder until we have some experience?
and then just use the refactor "inline method" to help define the builder.
- I expect the FeatureBuilder will not provide as much help in defining
attributes; since it will more strictly expect add( Name,
AttributeDescriptor )

3. Encoding / (and parsing if we expect Transaction to work)
- my preference would be to go with the binding framework and use that as an
excuse to increase performance. Although this is a low priority since we
need to focus on capability first. Andrea can we make the decision what
system to use based on if SimpleFeatureType is used? That way we can avoid
taking the performance hit for the vast majority of cases - and buy more
time to work on performance.