Andrea Aime wrote:
> Ben Caradoc-Davies wrote:
>> I can either:
>> (1) Fix SimpleFeatureTypeBuilder.
>> (2) Implement a new WFSConfiguration that does not use
>> GML{2,3}EncoderUtils, and figure out how to get GeoServer to use it.
>
> Just to add my usual performance perspective to the mix, the gt-xsd
> encoder is 2-4 times slower than the old GML2 one, so I would like to
> avoid it in the "main path", which today is, WFS 1.0/GML2/old style
> simple features.
>
> We'd need to allocate some time to bring the new encoder up to snuff,
> or at least somewhat close, to the old encoder, or else just give
> up and roll out a new custom GML3 encoder that uses a lighter weight
> architecture (and thus, a faster one).
> Justin, thoughts on this direction? I'd like to help but I cannot
> really put my hands on the new encoder in a productive way.
Well I would love to make the encoder faster, and have a few thoughts on
how to do so. I just need the time to try to implement some of them. As
for coming up with a new lighter weight encoder, don't take that task
lightly. A new simpler/faster xml encoder would probably curtail some of
the complex feature efforts too.

> Cheers
> Andrea

Justin Deoliveira