Ben Caradoc-Davies wrote:
> I can either:
> (1) Fix SimpleFeatureTypeBuilder.
> (2) Implement a new WFSConfiguration that does not use
> GML{2,3}EncoderUtils, and figure out how to get GeoServer to use it.

Just to add my usual performance perspective to the mix, the gt-xsd
encoder is 2-4 times slower than the old GML2 one, so I would like to
avoid it in the "main path", which today is, WFS 1.0/GML2/old style
simple features.

We'd need to allocate some time to bring the new encoder up to snuff,
or at least somewhat close, to the old encoder, or else just give
up and roll out a new custom GML3 encoder that uses a lighter weight
architecture (and thus, a faster one).
Justin, thoughts on this direction? I'd like to help but I cannot
really put my hands on the new encoder in a productive way.