You are right jody, nothing strategic, just clean up.
However, I think that making this change clear is quite helpful since
it impacts coverage plugins and client applications like GeoServer
(and udig as well), therefore I preferred to see if anyone had any
problems with it.

Simone.
Ing. Simone Giannecchini
GeoSolutions S.A.S.