Christian,

one thing that I have found very useful for catching platform problems
is to always build GeoTools and GeoServer in a path with spaces. I
always build locally and on my buildbot in a path with spaces. I think
Andrea does the same in his Win32 Hudson instances.

Would you consider changing the working directory for your Hudson
instances to include spaces?

For example at the moment you have:

/home/hudson/jobs/geoserver-2.0.x-OPEN-JDK-6-32-Bit/workspace/src

If you changed this to:

/home/hudson/jobs/geoserver-2.0.x-OPEN-JDK-6-32-Bit/workspace with
spaces/src

then we would have a great deal more coverage for the correct handling
of encoded URLs such as:

file:/home/hudson/jobs/geoserver-2.0.x-OPEN-JDK-6-32-Bit/workspace%20with%20spaces/src

This comes up all the time in Windows builds and also Windows
deployments under C:\Program Files or C:\Documents and Settings. I have
found that, if spaces are correctly handled, most other characters are
as well. These are a common cause of strange platform problems. Not all
problems will be covered (Windows network shares are a problem too), but
this is an easy way for us to improve coverage at little extra cost.

If you could make this change, I am sure that it would be much
appreciated by all those who develop on or deploy to Windows.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>
Software Engineer, CSIRO Earth Science and Resource Engineering