On 20/05/2010, at 5:00 PM, Michael Bedward wrote:

> On 20 May 2010 15:51, Jody Garnett wrote:
>> We could have a "docs" folder in each module?
>> - This would be good for user guide / module matrix information; and we
>> could leave the "welcome" tutorials to the demo/example/docs folder
>
> Not sure... Currently there are only two people (you and me) doing
> much on the docs. Most of the module maintainers don't have the time
> and I imagine that will generally be the case. I'd rather the docs
> were in a central location so that I don't have to "meddle" in other
> people's modules.
>
>> We could do what geoserver does with a top level "module" for documentation?
>> - if so I would like one for "user" (ie user guide) and one for "devel" (ie
>> developers guide) and one for the "website"
>
> I'd vote for that :)

How about we do better then that; and write up a proposal. In order for the
proposal to go ahead though we are going to have to ask for some help. We have
gotten by with the initial idea from Justin - but we are going to need a bit
more help setting up Sphinx and make files and so forth. I would rather ask
Justin for help up front and coordinate on this one then wait until we have
gotten stuck.  We may need to ask questions of Mike who did the geoserver docs?

Cheers,