Hello Christian, Jody,

Just looking at the new page. It's an excellent addition - thanks !

I wonder if when the matrix notation is first introduced there could
be a note (in one of those sphinx boxes) explaining that Mij means
element in row i, column j. Some readers with matrix notation or
confused that it is in y,x order

Perhaps add a couple of links at the end for people wanting to find
out more. The Wikipedia pages on matrix multiplication and affine
transformation are good for adventurous readers...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrix_multiplication
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affine_transformation

Are there any links to this page from the user guide ?

Thanks again,

Michael