I guess it has to be experiment.

When Hudson runs a deploy job, time-stamped jars will end up in the
OSGeo repo. We only need to keep the most recent ones since this is
effectively what we were doing with non-timestamped jars.

As far as I understand from the stackoverflow discussion, the problem,
if it still exists, affects the local repos of those using an eclipse
plugin (?). Supposedly, command line maven and (superior) NetBeans
users won't end up with multiple snapshots in their local repo... but
there's only one way to find out.

Michael