I have been using maven3 for development for some time now.

I think there are two possible easy solutions for hudson/jenkins.
- You can configure all builds to use a private maven repository. This is the general recommendation but may require that all builds are published to a snapshot repository (and nexus for example has options to assure only the last few builds are kept). - You could have a periodic jobs which just runs a batch job to clear out (part of) the local repository.

For developers the local repository will increase as snapshots are maintained. I do not have the impression that command line builds clean this up in any way. For most people, local disk space is not a major issue. If it is, you can again clear out the local repo when disk space is running low.

Joachim