On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 5:08 AM, Ben Caradoc-Davies <
ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au> wrote:

> On 08/10/12 03:03, Andrea Aime wrote:
>
>> the JDBC build keeps on failing and keeps on polluting the devel mailing
>> list.
>>

> It is not polluting the list. It is warning the list that this test is
> broken. That is what it is for. The solution should be to fix the test or
> the underlying code that causes the failure.

The same could be said for builds against OpenJDK, JDK 7, Windows and so on.
Continuous build failures that get ignored because there is no bandwidth to
address them just make the
whole point of having a build server moot. How many people did notice that
that main build was failing
due to a temporal test since October 1st? Why the usual fool had to fix it
on a Sunday?
(the fact that the main module was failing is an aggravation, since it's
everyone's responsibility no
one really feels responsible about it, at the same time fixing the test was
a one liner).

The primary build should be of interest of everyone, it's the one that
should never fail, if we get
10 failure messages a day people will just ignore them, including the ones
regarding the primary build.

==
Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more
information.