On 23/05/13 15:20, Mauro Bartolomeoli wrote:
> 2013/5/23 Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au
> <mailto:ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>>
>
>         On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 5:48 AM, Ben Caradoc-Davies
>         <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au
>         <mailto:Ben.Caradoc-Davies@__csiro.au
>         <mailto:ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>>> wrote:
>         http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd
>
>     Placing this file as /org/w3/www/2001/xml.xsd on the classpath (in
>     any jar) will cause SchemaResolver to pick it up before hitting
>     SchemaCache. The gt-xml jar is a good place.
>
> Sure, and it's used also by inspire schemas. Where do you thing could be
> a good place to put it, the gt-xml module itself?

That sounds like the perfect place. If you download

http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd

and then save it as:

modules/library/xml/src/main/resources/org/w3/www/2001/xml.xsd

and commit it on master, then Maven will bundle it into the gt-xml jar,
SchemaResolver will find it on the classpath, and it will never be
downloaded ever again.

Because we are now shipping it with GeoTools we need to acknowledge the
W3C license. Please note where you got it in the module review file:
modules/library/xml/src/site/apt/review.apt

Please also add the W3 license to the top-level in the project license
folder:
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/copyright-software-20021231

We already have a copy of xml.xsd in gt-xsd-core, but it is in the wrong
place for SchemaResolver; also some files have been modified to work
with code (unacceptable for app-schema users). I do not know if the
copyright of this file was acknowledged. Please check the review file.

PMC, do we need to include the W3C short notice anywhere? Do we have a
page that lists all the licenses? (Jody knows all.)

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>
Software Engineer